While there may be some differences between school, typically teachers or admins will complete the following steps at the end of each school year:
1. Deleting Graduating Students
- Delete the appropriate graduating students (See how to delete users)
- Watch Video: "Deleting Graduating Users"
2. Promote Students Moving Up a Grade Level
After your graduating students have been deleted, you'll want to promote your students up to the next grade level. You can do this in one of two ways:
- One Step Process: Change Grades and Groups with CSV.
Using a spreadsheet (CSV file), you can change grades and groups of all existing users (students & teachers); as well as add any new students to the CSV file.
Watch Video: "Editing Grade Levels, Groups and Adding New Students"
- Three Step Process:
- Promoting Users to the next grade level. This step allows you to promote students to the next grade. Watch Video: "Promoting Users"
- Adding & Removing Users in Groups. This step allows you to add/remove students from one class to another class. Watch Video: "Editing Groups"
- Uploading New Users. Please note that new users can be added to the exported CSV template AFTER you have changed the grades and groups for existing users.
REMINDER: Verify the Group settings for the each new group of users you add. Always check the WPM and Accuracy goals for the group. Verify the use of the TTL pre-test feature, the automatic goal adjustment feature and all of the other settings that may be specific to your groups. Once your group settings are correct, you can then adjust settings for specific students.