- Pre-Test - Turns the Pre-test On or Off. By default, the Pre-test is On for all students. When On, the Pre-test can be either Required or Optional. By default, it is Required. After a student takes the Pre-test, this setting becomes unchecked. The teacher can check it again to reassign the Pre-test. The student's goals and starting lesson will be reset, but no previous data is lost. Options to select:
- Formative Assessments - Turns ALL six Formative Assessments On or Off. By default, Assessments are turned ON.
- Allow Backspace - Allow or disallow the use of Backspace during Assessments. By default, Backspace is allowed.
- Allow Pause - Allows the student to Pause and temporarily stop the time limit during an assessment. By default, Pause is allowed.
- Assessment Time Limit - Sets the time limit for assessments. Assessment Content has been created so that students type for the full time but do not necessarily complete the entire assessment. An Assessment may end in the middle of a sentence and student are scored based on what they were able to type in the time allowed. The default time limits are: Grades K-2 (3 minutes), Grades 3-6 (3 minutes), Grades 7-12 (5 minutes). Options to select:
- 1 Minute
- 2 Minutes
- 3 Minutes
- 4 Minutes
- 5 Minutes
- Display Timer to Student - Displays a timer to the student during an assessment. By default, this is unchecked.
- Enable automatic goal adjustment - Allows Type to Learn to automatically adjust student's goals following each assessment. After each formative assessment, student's goals are adjusted to be 2 WPM and 2% (maximum 96%) higher than their performance on the assessment. Goals are never adjusted downward. By default, this is checked to be allowed.
TIP: The Question Mark icon will provide additional information on that specific setting.