After December 31, 2016, phone support for Type to Learn 4 will be limited and users will be directed to our online support site. As your hardware technology changes, Type to Learn 4 may not be compatible with future updates, patches, plugins and/or applications. All future updates will be applied to the next generation fully cloud-based application Type to Learn. Click here to learn more.
Symptom: After the installation of the server software the service fails to start, which does not allow the clients to log-in to the program.
Solution: Since the Mongrel service is unable to run as a system process under Windows Server 2012 we will run it as an application for the same effect.
- Download our ForceMongrel package.
- Click Here
- The contents of the folder contain a batch script and VB script. The purpose of the VB script is to start the batch file without a visible window.
- Once the folder is extracted it can be placed into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sunburst directory.
- If you have installed the TTL4 server software on separate drive other "C:" please open/edit the ForceMongrel.bat and update the drive letter and path.
- Double click the VB script to run the service as an application.
- To verify that the server is now running open a web browser and type in http://localhost:3000 to view the TTL4 Test page.
- To ensure that the VB script automatically starts on start up, please refer to this article provided by Microsoft: Click Here
**Note: Please do not attempt to restart the TTL4onRails01 service as a test, this has been ruled out and will not work.**