Import a list of Groups (Multiple Class Names)
This function is useful to ensure that groups (classes) are all named with a similar format. You can edit group names by clicking on the “edit group settings” button or import a new list. In the example below the last letter of teacher’s name and grade number is used to create group names.
- Select the building you want to import a list of groups for (if your account has multiple buildings).
- Select the Building Groups icon from the Navigation Bar to your left.
- Click the “Import Groups” button.
- Create a CSV template with the heading “groupname” in column A. List your group names under this column. Optional column description for column B if you would like to add more information for example 2nd grade, 3rd quarter, etc.
- Upload the file by clicking the “Upload this file” button.
- Import groups by clicking the “Import groups” button.
Once the file is uploaded you will see a added successfully message or an error message.
- Preview group names and click continue.
Once you click continue you will be sent to the group view screen to then begin moving students to the new groups.
- View new groups added to the building.
You can move users (students & teachers) from an existing group into the new groups or import new users into the new groups.