If your tablet is powered on and connected to Wi-Fi, then you should be able to see it on View. There should be one or more connection indicators at the bottom of the device's frame as seen below:
Dashboard control relies on communication channels between the edredi devices and the internet browser that the Dashboard is being viewed on. It is advised that you familiarize yourself with the various device communication mechanisms before trying this troubleshooting guide.
- Make sure your web browser is supported and up-to-date. edredi supports the following versions at a minimum:
- Google Chrome 30 and higher
- Internet Explorer 11 and higher
- Mozilla Firefox 24 and higher
- Apple Safari 7 and higher
- Make sure you are logged into the edredi Portal and that your name and school are shown in the top right hand corner.
- Make sure your tablet is properly connected to Wi-Fi (all green ticks) and that you know the device name.
- Make sure your tablet is up-to-date with the latest version of the software.
"I can't see my device in the Dashboard list"
This can happen when the device is not properly registered with your organization or is hidden by a filter.
- Check the device to ensure that it is enrolled in the edredi Portal and that your school name matches the organization name on the device's information page.
- Refresh the Dashboard page in case the device had not yet checked in or a filter had been applied.
"I can't see the remote control indicator icon"
This means that the device is not registered with Google Cloud Messaging (GCM), which might be because the device is not GCM-capable or because the registration process failed.
- Try rebooting the device in case GCM registration failed on first boot.
Not all 3rd party devices support Google Cloud Messaging. Communication should still be possible with the device when it checks into the server or through the LAN.
"I can't see the in-class control indicator icon"
The edredi tablet and the computer that you are viewing the Dashboard on must be on the same subnetwork.
- On the edredi Portal, go back to the Dashboard and check the Device Status Page by clicking on the device name and then clicking on the Local IP address. If the status page cannot be found, then there is something blocking communication between the two devices.
- If your school uses a proxy, make sure that Bypass proxy for local addresses is enabled. This option
- can be found in the Android settings > Wifi
- select the network you're connecting to
- Click the checkbox for Show advanced options
- then enter the proxy settings that apply to your school's network
- When you contact your local network administrator about not being able to see the in-class control indicator, be sure to also report the local IP address of the tablet (from the device page) and the local IP address of your Dashboard computer. You can get your local IP address from a Windows command prompt as follows:
- [Windows Key] + R
- type 'cmd'
- type 'ipconfig /all'
- look for "IPv4 Address" and copy the ip address displayed at the end.
"I can't see the screen share indicator icon"
- Check the device status page by tapping the device name and tapping the Local IP address. The status page should tell you if screen sharing is available for that device.
If you are still having problems, please contact support for more help.