Connecting edredi to your Windows Computer
If you are having trouble connecting your edredi tablet to your Windows computer, installing Android drivers should resolve this issue.
Preparing your Tablet
Before you begin the process, you will want to:
- Go to your tablet's settings page.
- Tap on Developer Options in the menu on your left.
- Check the box for “USB Debugging” in the menu that appears on your right.
- Click “Ok” to confirm.
- Have the cable connected to the tablet in advance, but do not connect it to the computer yet.
Now that your tablet is ready, go to http://pdanet.co/ and download the current version of PdaNet for Windows onto your computer:
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- Click “Run” to install PdaNet.
- After clicking “Next”, click “I accept the agreement” to move forward if you agree to abide by the License Agreement.
- Continue to click “Next” until you reach the “Default Start Menu folder” option. You may choose to rename it or click “Next” to accept the Default folder name.
NOTE: If you have previously installed Android drivers or attempted to, the message below will appear. Click the “Yes” button to proceed.
5. When “Phone Selection” appears, please select “Others”:
6. When the Windows Security popup appears, please click “Install this driver software anyway”.
7. Now connect the tablet to the computer. This will start the driver installation for the specific device you plugged in.
8. When you get to the USB Driver Installation screen, click “Ok”.
9. When you get to the Setup – PdaNet screen where it will say, “Installation Succeeded!”, uncheck all the options and click “Finish”.
10. Once done, a confirmation popup will appear, confirming that your device is ready to use.