If you are having trouble connecting your edredi tablet to your Mac Computer, Android File Transfer is an application for Macintosh computers that you can use to view and transfer files between your Mac and the tablet, or any other Android device.
The requirements for this application to work is that your Macintosh is running OS 10.5 or later and that the Android device is running OS 3.0 and later (if you plan on using this with other Android devices as well).
edredi already fills the Android OS requirement as it currently runs at 4.1.1 or later.
To install Android File Transfer, please do the following:
- Go to http://www.android.com/filetransfer/ and download the DMG installation file for Android File Transfer.
- After downloading, double-click on the installation file,"androidfiletransfer.dmg".
- When the installation window opens, drag the Android File Transfer to Applications.
To use Android File Transfer, please do the following:
- Connect your tablet to your computer with its USB cable.
- Double-click Android File Transfer to open it. You may receive a message letting you know that this was an application that was downloaded from the internet and if you still want to open the file. Please click "yes" to allow the application to be opened.
- Depending on which tablet you have, you may either have a window that pops up, showing all the files that are in your tablet, or you may see that your tablet now mounts on the Desktop as a removeable drive.
- You may now browser the files and folders on the tablet, add folders, copy files to and from your Mac (largest size at 4GB), delete files and more.
- If you need further assistance with the application itself, please choose Help > Android File Transfer Help to learn more.