edredi has built-in Wi-Fi for connecting to a local wireless access point.
CONNECT USING QRKEYS
The easiest way to connect to Wi-Fi is by using a QrKey. To create a Wi-Fi QrKey, complete the following steps:
- Log-in to the edredi Portal and navigate to the 3-barred icon > QrKeys.
- Click WiFi to see the WiFi QrKey generator.
- Select the type of network under Network Type and add the details. This will automatically generate a unique QrKey [QR code] for your Wi-Fi network. Note: You may need to contact your IT administrator to find out the correct values to use.
|If you are planning to connect a large number of tablets to your local WiFi, this method is the quickest.|
CONNECT USING ANDROID SETTINGS
To connect to WiFi manually, your tablet will need to be unlocked [Teacher Mode] to change the WiFi settings. To connect, complete the following steps:
- Open the Settings Bar Menu by swiping down the top-middle of the tablet screen.
- Then tap on the Gear icon.
- When the Settings Menu appears, tap on Wi-Fi.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is switched On. When Wi-Fi is active, a list of nearby access points [Wi-Fi networks] will appear in order of signal strength.
- Tap the access point [Wi-Fi network] you want to connect to.
- Then a) enter the required password and b) tap Connect . Once the access point is connected, a Wi-Fi signal indicator will appear in the Menu Bar at the bottom right corner.
If you experience any problems connecting to Wi-Fi, check the Wi-Fi settings screen for relevant messages. For instance, it may sayif you have entered the wrong password.
If you still cannot connect, please follow the Troubleshooting Wi-Fi guide.