BookNook: Adding Guides & Granting Access
The admin can add guides and then grant guides access to one student, a group of students, or the entire class. Guides can be teachers, teacher assistants, student aides, volunteers, parents, and another student.
Guides can't add students, view student information, or reporting (only admins or teachers). Teachers can only view the students assigned to their class by the admin.
- Select the Guides Tab on the left side of the screen
- Click the "Add Guide" button
- Enter Guides: First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Mobile Number, and select Guide Type.
- Click "Add Guide" Button
Granting Access to Students
- Select the Guide you want to grant access
- Select Access (on the right side of the screen- under "Sign Out")
- Determine which students this Guide will be working with
- Move the "Access" from No to Yes on the students you want to assign to the Guide
- Now the Guide can begin a guided reading session with selected students.
Label Guide as Teacher
- Select the Guide you want to label as a Teacher
- Under the Guide's name move the no to yes next to teacher
- Now the red apple image and the word teacher will appear next to the Guides name
- Now the Teacher can view their students' data.